Sunday, December 26, 2010

Adventures in decorating

This year we finally got around to letting Andrew decorate a Gingerbread house. I have had the intentions of letting him do this in the past but for one reason or another we've never done it. So on Christmas Eve we broke out the kit, I mixed the icing and the two of us sat down to decorate. I opted to do the icing and Andrew put on all of the candies. He had a lot of fun deciding what color went where and telling me what he wanted on each side (windows, doors, etc). All in all I don't think we did a terrible job, especially for our first attempt. I am hoping to make this a tradition and in a few years Andrew and Ava can decorate together.






The finished product








This year I forgot to buy everything we needed to make sugar cookies so instead I picked up some slice and bake ones from Wal Mart. I also got a bag of green cookie icing so Andrew could decorate the cookies once they were cool. He did ask me to do a few of them (mainly the ones with writing). I didn't get a picture of the actual decorating process, but here is one of the finished products.

0 comments: