Thursday, June 4, 2009

11 weeks and counting

Yesterday I had my ultrasound to see just how big this little girl is getting. Everything looked great and she's right on track. The tech estimated her weight at 3lbs 2oz so she isn't getting too big which is what we were worried about. They were also able to figure out why I have been measuring so big the past few months. Apparently I am measuring big because of where the placenta is placed. Nothing dangerous about it so that's great. My due date is still around August 22 and if everything goes as planned Adam should be here for the delivery. Of course we all know babies and nature do whatever they want to despite our best laid plans so I just have to keep my fingers crossed that it all works out. I think Adam and I have come up with a name for our little girl but I'm not going to announce it just yet. There is always the risk of us changing our minds so for now I've told a few family members, but no official announcement. Andrew is still excited to be having a little sister. I really hope his attitude lasts, but deep down I know it will be a difficult transition for him. Fortunately he will be starting school a few weeks after she is born so he will have something to occupy his days and with any luck I can schedule her naps so that she takes one after he's home from school. This will let us have some Mommy & Andrew time which will be very important since Adam will have to go back to Afghanistan until January. I was able to get a good picture of the baby yesterday using the 4D ultrasound, but I don't have a scanner so I can't share it with you. I'll try and find a friend that has one so I can share it with everyone.

1 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Yea! Glad that she is okay! Getting to be such a big girl! ;) Even after having Lydia, the whole process of how a baby grows and develops amazes me! Love ya!