Friday, August 22, 2008

Starting school again, after 10yrs

My 10 year high school reunion was this summer and while I wasn't able to attend, it did cause me to start thinking about school again. Now I will be the first one to tell you at 28yrs old I have absolutely NO idea as to what I want to be when I "grow up". There are numerous things that I think would be interesting, but nothing jumps out and says "This is what I want to do with my life". For all of you out there who were able to figure this out I applaud you. Despite the fact that I'm not real sure what I want to do I have FINALLY decided that it's time for me to go back to school & get a degree of some sort. For the past several years whenever I would toy with the idea of getting a degree in something it usually comes back around to the same few things: Social Work, Education & Psychology. Each field has things I like and dislike so now it comes down to narrowing things down to what would fit me best. After consulting with a few close friends and getting their opinions I was able to decide on one. This last week I enrolled for online college classes to begin my Associates in Psychology. Now I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with this degree but it's at least a start in the right direction. This is actually a good time for me to start because we are quickly coming up on Adam's 3rd deployment. This should do a good job of keeping me occupied while he's gone. My classes start Sept 15 so starting sending good vibes & prayers my way. Keep your fingers crossed that I've managed to maintain a little knowledge after 10yrs of no school.
I realized it's been a few posts since I had any pictures for you so I added a couple from our trip to AR.


Here Andrew is showing off the cape his Great Grandmother made for him.

Helping Pawpaw mow the yard


Good Job Dude!!

0 comments: