Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 more days!!

Only 5 more days until Adam comes home. All I can say is.....FINALLY!!!! This has been a very long 6 weeks for Andrew and myself. However it has given me some insight as to what this next deployment is going to be like. This will be the first deployment that Andrew will actually be big enough to realize that Daddy is gone & for it to have an emotional impact on him. He has dealt with Adam being gone the past 6 weeks fairly well, but has had some difficulty. I am hoping that being in school 3 days a week will help him cope & act as a distraction. Also I am trying to find some activities for us to do in order to stay busy (especially in the winter). We live in a pretty small town so I don't know what exactly is going to be available, but we will see what I can find. Until then we are looking forward to Adam being home by Labor Day and are going to try and do as much as possible before he deploys again.
A quick deployment update
As of right now there is no official word on when Adam's unit is deploying. However it is looking more and more like they will begin leaving sometime in November & are headed to Afghanistan. They were originally slotted to go to Iraq this time, but due to the surge in violence over in Afghanistan the Army has decided they are needed more there instead of Iraq. I will post something once we get official word & more information.

0 comments: