Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet little lady bug turns 1

Where oh where has the past year gone? I cannot believe my little girl is 1! It seems like just yesterday that my sweet Ava was born and now she is almost walking. We are soo lucky to have some good friends here at Ft Riley to help us celebrate her birthday. I found it very funny that of all the kids who were at Ava's party (there were about 10 I think) only 1, other than Ava, was a girl. The rest were all boys about Andrew's age or a little older. Gotta love living in a neighborhood full of boys. Thankfully they were good sports about attending a little girl's party.

Ava's personal birthday cake. A lady my neighbor goes to church with made the cakes and she did a great job. We were soo pleased with her work.

the cake everyone else ate


Andrew was not thrilled I was taking his picture. I'm lucky I snapped it before he ran

little girl got lots of presents

Our carport partially decorated. I forgot we had balloons in the house until the party was almost over. The sad part about that is I had just picked them up that morning from having helium put in them. Guess I'm loosing my mind.

I LOVE the look Ava is giving her brother in this picture. She looks very irritated that he is helping her open gifts.



such a pretty girl

check out all her loot :-)

The bag says it all


The boys were such good sports. I told them they all had to put on the lady bug party hats if they wanted cake. Surprisingly no one complained. However I'm a little disappointed that I managed to get a group picture without the birthday girl. Oh well

Wearing her party hat...but not for long

Daddy and Andrew singing Happy Birthday. The wind blew her candle out before anyone else could

Tasting the frosting on her cake

Now we're getting into it

Haley is such a cutie! She was the only other girl at the party but had no problems playing and keeping up with the boys

Some of the boys eating their cake and ice cream

Adam and our neighbor Jeremy serving the cake and ice cream

Jeremy decided to share his ice cream with Ava. I'm pretty sure she liked it

Sweet birthday girl in the dress my Grandmother made for her

Our neighbor Jackie (Jeremy's wife) helping Ava play with one of her new toys

Adam decided to take a break from all the party fun
All in all it was a great day and I am amazed at how much my little girl has grown. Before we know it she will be starting school and I'll wonder where all the years have gone (just like I do now with Andrew). So here is to another fabulous year with the sweetest little girl I know. Happy Birthday Ava my love!!!

0 comments: