Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An invisible ghost lives in our house

Yes you read that right. Apparently there is an invisible ghost living in our house. Yesterday evening Andrew was upstairs in my room watching cartoons. I heard a thud but that is not an uncommon sound considering he usually jumps off my bed. I thought nothing of the sound until I hear Andrew screaming and crying at the top of his lungs. I ran to the stairs and that is where I was informed of the event. Andrew told me he was just sitting there watching cartoons when "someone just sneaked upstairs and pushed me off the bed". He told me this between all of the sobs and tears. It was really rather cute. So a couple hours later, after he had calmed down, he was still complaining about his wrist hurting. It wasn't really swollen or bruised at all, but something told me to go ahead and take him to the ER. Well I'm glad I did. 2 hours and 4 x-rays later we learned that my little guy has a "buckle fracture of the distal radius and ulna". Now I have no idea what a buckle fracture is exactly, but it isn't anything too bad. He has to wear a cast for 4 weeks and the we will go back to the orthopedic doctor to have it x-rayed again. Hopefully all will be well and he won't have to get another cast after that. Here are some pictures from today's visit to the ortho office. He did such a good job getting his cast on!


showing off his splint from the ER last night

getting the splint removed

showing the color he chose

starting the cast

keeping a close eye on her work


we're almost done!

picking out a sucker for being such a good boy

showing off the finished product


Afterwards we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Nothing like some good ol' mac and cheese with chicken strips to make a kiddo feel better.


2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

WoW! A ghost huh?!? ;) Too cute! I'm glad that he's okay! Looks like he did really well getting the cast put on! And like you said...nothing like mac and cheese and chicken strips to make you feel better! Love you!

Anonymous said...

At least he didn't break his arm in summer when he couldn't go swimming! That would be even more terrible!