Friday, January 30, 2009

An up and down week

Wow this has been a roller coaster of a week for me. Lots of ups and downs can take a toll on a person. I don't know how many people watch the news, even if you do it's possible you missed the story. On Monday 2 helicopters collided in Iraq killing the 4 soldiers on board (2 per chopper). These 4 brave men were all stationed here at Fort Drum. I don't personally know them or their families but as a wife of a deployed soldier hearing of incidents like this one have an effect on me. What makes it even harder is the fact that these soldiers were from Fort Drum, our home, our division, our family. The Army is a hard thing to explain to those who have never been closely involved. You get the privilege of meeting people you never would have outside of the military. Some of these people you like, some you hate and others become a second family. I love my Army family and I don't know what I would do without them. Over the past 6 years my Army family has changed. People move to other duty stations or simply get out all together and then other's move in. I am currently going through kind of a transition with my particular Army family. Those I have developed close relationships with have moved leaving me with a small group here at Drum. I wouldn't trade these girls for anything. I don't know how I would survive without them and their support. Like I said before, I LOVE MY ARMY FAMILY!!!! I want to ask everyone to please remember the families of those 4 soldiers in your prayers. They are going through something I can only imagine and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
On a happier note Adam was able to call on Thursday and talk to both Andrew and I. While it wasn't a long conversation it was the first one we've had since Adam left on the 12th. He seems to be doing well. His company made it to their final destination so hopefully once things get settled we will have more contact with him. I want to say thank you to everyone for your support during this time. I know this year will pass quickly and by this time next year we will be one big happy family again.

0 comments: