Monday, January 19, 2009

August 22, 2009

For those of you who don' know, this is the day baby #2 is due. That's right Adam and I are expecting another baby. We didn't find out until a few weeks ago when I was almost 8 weeks along. I'll spare you all of the details of how we found out and all of that. Just know that we were SHOCKED, happy, but SHOCKED. This pregnancy won't be very different from the last. Adam is deployed so I get to go through it all pretty much alone (with the exception of a few good friends). The only major difference is that last time Adam's deployment ended at the same time I was due so there was no problem with him making it home in time for delivery and he was here to help once we came home too. This time the baby is due in the middle of the deployment so there's lots of planning and luck involved. We are going to TRY and schedule his 2 week R&R around the due date so that Adam can be here for delivery and a week or so after, but no matter how well we plan in the end it all relies on this little baby cooperating. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out because I would hate for Adam to miss this event, not to mention I would rather not go through it without him. I am now just over 9 weeks along and feeling pretty good. I'm not sure when we will get the ultrasound to find out if it's a girl or a boy, but once I know I will definitely do a post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy; I saw your blog on Caroline's blog. Congratulations! And I will hope for the best regarding your husband being there on your baby's bday.

Anonymous said...

8 weeks??!!?? Wow! You have to tell me!

The Parnell's said...

Tell you what?!?! You didn't know about the baby? I posted it on facebook over a week ago. I thought everyone had seen that. Even your Dad knows! ha ha

theruples said...

Wow! Congrats Amy and Adam! That's great! I've been WAY behind on blogging - but I noticed your last blog of Adam being deployed - you'll be in our prayers. We're excited about the new Parnell baby coming in August!