Friday, July 18, 2008

How clean are your teeth?

This morning Andrew had his first official trip to the dentist office. I tried taking him in January of last year, but he ended up throwing a fit so we just left. Now that he's 4 I decided it was time to try again. Mainly because I wasn't sure how good a job he was doing at brushing his teeth since he refuses to let me help. Needless to say I was slightly nervous about this visit because Andrew can be VERY finicky with his moods. At first he didn't want anything to do with it so I went first while Andrew watched. After my turn was over Andrew climbed up into my lap and actually let the dentist look in his mouth and at all of his teeth without any hesitation or complaints. Then much to my surprise he let me get up and allowed the hygienist to help him brush his teeth & floss!! The flossing amazed me most of all. If you had told me yesterday he would have willingly let her do that I would have called you a liar. That just goes to show that children will NEVER cease to amaze you with the things they will and won't do. Here are 2 pictures I managed to take while they were brushing Andrew's teeth.


0 comments: