Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Arkansas vacation part 2




Ok so now it's time for part two of our vacation. I must warn you that this post will probably be just as long as the last one was so I hope you're somewhere comfortable. We got back in to Searcy late on July 3 so our first full day there was the 4th of July. That evening we went to Harding University (a college there in town) to watch their fireworks display. Once there we discovered they had kind of a carnival set up for the kids. It was really very cute. Simple little games set up where they kids could win prizes & have fun before the fireworks.





Here is a picture of Andrew in the back of my Mom's Explorer while watching the fireworks. He really enjoyed them this year. He kept telling us that they were cheering for him.




The next day we spent the afternoon and evening with most of my family. Everyone came out to my parents house for a BBQ. It was great watching Andrew play with his cousins and also getting to visit with family that we haven't seen in almost a year. We finally got to meet the newest addition to our ever growing family. Little Miss Lydia was born in March and it was great to finally see her in person instead of in pictures. Unfortunately my cousin Matt and his wife Beth were not able to make it along with my other cousin Mike, his wife Leanne & their new baby Eden. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year to see them. I just love the picture below. We were trying to get a picture of Andrew with his cousins Caroline and Mary Evelyn when someone blew bubbles over their heads.



For those of you who don't know my family you should know that we tend to take lots of pictures, especially group pictures. This specific picture is of my Grandmother (Dad's mom) with 4 out of 5 great grandchildren. Baby Eden wasn't able to be there this summer, but hopefully we will be able to get a picture with all of the kids next year.



One night we went to an Arkansas Travelers baseball game. They are a minor league team in Little Rock. This was Andrew's first baseball game to see in person. Granted he didn't pay much attention to the game but all in all he seemed to have a good time. This is a picture of the field from where we were sitting. I hope that we can go to another game the next time we are in town.




Popcorn anyone? One thing I can safely say is that Andrew wanted to eat every single thing he laid his eyes on. I don't know how he didn't have a tummy ache later that night between the popcorn, nachos, cotton candy & soda. We finally had to cut him off because he kept saying he was still hungry when we all knew good and well there was no way he could be.




Below is Andrew hugging Shelly the team mascot. He really seemed to like her and was excited when I took him down to say hello & get a picture taken with her. I was a little surprised because in the past things like this have scared him some.


Now you should know the night of the game it was raining a little and insanely hot and humid. We were all soaked with sweat but I don't think anyone was quite as bad as Andrew. If you look at his hair you can see just how wet and matted down it was.

Well I guess that sums up the second week of our vacation. I'm sure I left out something, but right now I can't think of anything else. For those of you we were able to see it was great & we look forward to the next time we can visit. If we weren't able to see you I'm sorry. Hopefully next year we'll have a little more time to fit everyone it. I hope everyone is having a great summer!!











0 comments: