Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Start of a Long Month

Well first things first. Here are a few pictures of our newly planted flowers. They look a little sad because I took these shortly after planting before anything really had a chance to bloom. I am happy to say that things are coming along fairly well. The tulips are soooo close to blooming that I can hardly stand it. If we could just get a few days with lots of sun I think they will. Tulips have to be my all time favorite flower and they are everywhere up here. Not since Mom and I went to Holland back in 1997 have I ever seen so many in one place. It seems like every other house up here has tulips planted in their yard. Truth be told I have to fight the urge to go pick them all : )



Our flower garden & birdbath in the side yard




This is one of the flower boxes on the front of the house. I realize this isn't a very good picture but due to the bushes in front of them it's hard to get a good shot from a distance.




This has to be one of my all time favorite shirts for Andrew. It describes perfectly how I feel most days! ha ha



Now on to the title of this blog. Right about now Adam is boarding a flight to Fort Polk, LA for training. They will be gone until around the 26th (we don't have an exact return date yet). The last time Adam was gone for a few days due to training Andrew did not deal with it very well. He had several tantrums and was generally hard to deal with. I'm hoping this month will go fairly smoothly. As much as I hate that Adam had to go this is actually going to be a good thing for us. I'm looking at it as a stepping stone for the deployment to Iraq this fall. It gives Andrew a chance to adjust and realize that even though Daddy may be gone for a while he is going to be home eventually. With him being gone this month it also means that he will miss Andrew's birthday (again). However since all of our friends are gone to the same training we won't be having his party until the weekend of the 31st. I doubt Andrew will know the difference. Actually he will get to have 2 parties, one at school and then his party here at the house. Below are some pictures from today. He is starting to really enjoy playing his Click Start computer game that Nana & Pawpaw got him for Christmas.




Concentrating Super Hard



Mom please stop taking pictures of me!!

0 comments: