Monday, May 12, 2008

Carnival fun & Mother's Day

On Saturday we went to Andrew's school fundraising carnival with our friends Jessica & Zander. It really was a lot of fun. The boys had a blast as you can see in the pictures I have posted. I was very proud of Andrew for not crying on the rides that went up into the air. Last time they had to stop it in the middle of the ride in order to let him off because he was scared. This time was very different. We had a hard time getting them to leave once we ran out of tickets and money. I hate that Adam had to miss it though. He's never seen Andrew on carnival or fair rides, but as always I took plenty of pictures for him to see.





Andrew driving the bus



the boys flying an airplane

cruising on the motorcycle

riding on the flying dragon

(I couldn't get Andrew to look at me in any picture on this ride)





As I'm sure everyone knows Mother's Day was yesterday. I hope all of you Mom's out there had a wonderful day. Personally I can't say that this day was especially different than any other. That could have to do with the fact that Adam is still gone and Andrew is still to young to realize what's going on. Ever since I've been a Mom this day has been slightly overshadowed by Andrew's birthday since they are only a few days apart. When I was pregnant I prayed that he would be here by Mother's Day, but of course Andrew did what he wanted and came 2 weeks past my due date. His 2nd birthday actually fell on Mother's Day and now this year it is this coming Wednesday. I love being a mother, although I must admit somedays it's much more challenging and frustrating than I ever thought it would be. Raising a "stong willed" child tries every ounce of my patience on a daily basis, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. I know how blessed I am to have him and that his strong defiant personality will someday make him into a person that will accomplish great things. I also know that his personality will help to make me a better person. I really hope this post is coming across the way I am intending it to. I have a feeling that some won't understand what I am trying to say, but I suppose there isn't anything I can do about that. So to all of you Mothers out there I hope that you continue to feel special and appreciated every day, becase you are.

0 comments: