Wednesday, May 7, 2008

6 days down, 20 more to go

Adam has now been gone for 6 days and it feels like SOOOOOO much longer. Really things haven't been THAT bad, but it's also still early. Andrew has had a few moments of being a nightmare of a child but all things considered he's doing much better than he was a month ago. I think this is probably going to be the longest summer of my life. Once Adam gets back from LA (Louisiana) he will be here for about a month and then we travel down to AR to visit with family. Andrew and I will then fly back to NY and Adam will head further south to San Antonio and will be there until the first week of Sept. That isn't much family time over the course of the summer not to mention his unit is still slotted to deploy again in November. Sometimes I wonder if the Army life really is the best thing for us. It keep us apart more than I would like and also cause Adam to miss so many things in Andrew's life. I've given up on him being here for birthdays because I don't see that happening again for at least another year or so. However next week is Andrew's first school music program and he's going to miss it. Yes I know that's what they make video cameras for, but it's not the same. I know these are just trivial things, but it still isn't fair. Don't get me wrong I greatly appreciate everything my husband does for us and for his country. His sacrifices make it possible for me to be a stay at home mom and I wouldn't trade that for anything (despite what I might say in moments of anger and stress). On another note Andrew's school is having a fundraising carnival this weekend so I'll have some pictures to post next week.

0 comments: