Friday, August 28, 2009

Introducing.....

Ava Lynn Parnell
Miss Ava was born Sunday August 23, 2009 at 5:28pm. She weighed 8lbs 11 1/4oz and was 21in long.
We went to the hospital Sat night hoping it was actually time to have a baby and not false labor. They kept me overnight to see how things would progress on their own and then Sunday around noon started pitocin. It didn't take long after that before it was time for our little girl to enter this world. I will spare everyone the details on the labor and delivery. All in all it went well with just a few pain management issues. I was lucky to have my Mom be here with me especially since Adam has not been able to make it home yet. We are expecting him within the next few days hopefully. Andrew has been doing well adjusting to having a sister. He likes to love on her, we just have to remind him to be gentle (not an easy task for him). We'll have to see how he's doing in another month or so once the newness wears off. I know he's going to be a good big brother and Ava is a lucky little girl to have him in her life. As of right now we are all doing great resting at home. As soon as I get some energy back I plan to get out and start walking. That probably won't happen until after school starts next week. Here are just a few pictures from the day she was born and the day we came home.








Andrew seeing Ava for the first time (that's my Mom with him)



holding his baby sister

getting ready to go home

part of our little family, all we need is Daddy






1 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

She is beautiful!! Glad that everything went well and that your mom was able to be there! I loved having mom there with me when Lydia was born! Can't wait until y'all come for a visit so I can get my hands on her! ;) Give Andrew and her a kiss for me! Love you!