Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Semi-Perfect Spring Break

This year for Spring Break we decided to go to Colorado Springs for a few days. I've always wanted to go see the "sites" and now that we're living so close it seemed like the perfect time. We left on Tuesday and came back on Friday so we had 2 full days to explore everything there is to see. However it didn't start out quite as expected. Adam started getting sick Monday afternoon with a sore throat, fever and body aches. This continued into Tuesday during our 7hr drive to Colorado Springs. Fortunately he woke up Wednesday morning feeling much better, not 100% but good enough that it didn't seem to effect our plans. As Wednesday went on I began to feel bad and by that night I was completely sick with the same thing Adam had. It turned out to be Strep throat. Wednesday night was a long restless night for both of us and I woke up Thursday still feeling horrible. We had to change our plans for that day due to me feeling bad and the fact that it was cold. I was hoping and praying that Friday would be a MUCH better day seeing as how we were driving home. When I woke up the body aches were gone for the most part, but I still had a fever and now developed a pretty bad cough. Sadly the cough has continued for the past several days. I went to the doctor today and found out that on top of the strep throat I have bronchitis. Woo Hoo for me :-) Anyways, despite all of this sickness we did manage to have some fun while we were gone. We went to Pikes Peak, The Garden of the Gods and the Olympic Training Center. Because I tend to be a little picture happy I'm going to have to break this up into multiple posts so for now I'll just put some pictures up of the kids hanging out in the hotel room. Stay tuned for pictures from the rest of our trip!




Ava loved sitting on top of this table



There was a train track just across the parking lot from our room (it was surprisingly quiet) so the kids enjoyed looking out the window and watching it go by.

1 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

=( Bummer that you got sick while gone. Not much worse than being sick and away from home. Ava has gotten so big since we saw her last! Such a cutie. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!